Wednesday, June 06, 2007

so i'm home alone today.

my day off since i'm on take at the hospital on sunday night.

decided to cook myself a healthy lunch. one with no carbs since i'm on a diet. again.

had a piece of fish (is it a piece when it's a whole fish? or should i just call it fish?) in the freezer that had been sitting there for about a month. but thanks to deep freeze, it was still ok. i think. decided to wrap it in aluminium foil with some veggies and bake in the oven.

but to my horror, when i washed the fish, i found out it had not been gutted! stupid fishmongers here didn't clean the fish for me! yuck!! so...i had to gut it myself. i have NEVER done this before. i know i cook a lot, but i don't gut fish a lot. so...trying to remember how they do it on tv, i slit the fish's belly and eeeeeewww! all the gross red, red looking things just oozed out. yuuuuckk!! i stuck my hand in and tried to grab hold of as much red, red looking things as i could. blerrrgh!! luckily, i'm very skillful and managed to get it clean without barfing in my mouth too much.

then it was season, season, season and into the oven.

DING!

25 minutes later, it was done. looked good. smelt good. i cut a piece and put it in my mouth. and instead of a mouthful of fish, it was a mouthful of scales. stupid fishmongers didn't de-scale the fish for me either!! grrrr...so i had to scrape off the fish skin, which thankfully came off easily before i could devour my very tasty fishy lunch.

it's cold and rainy. thought i could snuggle in bed for a long time this morning, but i woke up at the very early hour of 8am. holy guacamole! what the heck am i doing wide awake?? but i couldn't get back to sleep so i woke up and scrubbed the toilet clean. smells pretty and fresh now. and there's got to be something wrong when i can clean the whole toilet, scrubbing on my hands and knees and NOT SWEAT. the only thing that got wet was my shirt when i accidentally turned on the shower and it rained down into my sleeve. cold, cold water.

i kinda like the cold weather. makes my cheeks pink.

No comments: