Tuesday, June 05, 2007

i miss singing.

anyone wanna sponsor me a guitar since i didn't think to bring mine along with me when i came over?

the feeling of strumming the strings of a guitar gives me a sense of comfort when things seem to be going awry.

it's the same feeling i get when my fingers run across the piano keys, making music and hearing a tune in my head come to life.

when all the clutter in my head begins to overwhelm,
it soothes my soul and comforts my thoughts,
it's an expression of emotion, and expression of love,
the temporary shelter it provides, the safe haven for the now,

like cymbals, life crashes, ringing loud and long,
jarring me again from the silence of my wake,
and again i'm back to where i detest,
without a choice, the world i have to face,

but for now, just this one moment,
i remember the keys, i remember the strings,
i play them in my mind, as often as i please,
and for now, just this one moment,
i'm at peace, i'm at peace.

No comments: