Saturday, April 07, 2007

it beckons and calls,
whispering promises,
promising hope,

it comes and goes,
bringing comfort,
seeking solace,

it wraps me in,
it keeps me trapped,
long, sinewy fingers,
strong, tough, frightening,

it paints a pretty picture,
of fun and laughter,
but all in the past,
nothing in the future,

it slowly seeps in,
sinking it's taloned fingers deep within,
tightly holding never unassuming,
for it might lose me as easily as it wound around me,

it comes and it goes,
never far, always skirting,
but never straying,

'leave me', i say,
'i want you to go,'
but it never does,

only One can save me,
only One can make it go,
'help me, Lord,
save me from myself,
leave me not to drown in my sorrow,
leave me not to sink to my darkest depths.
lift me up so i may live,
lift me up so i may soar,
live in me so i need not fear,
make me whole again, make me feel.'

No comments: