Tuesday, May 02, 2006

my dogs just killed a cat. yup. you heard me right. they just massacred and tore limb from limb a helpless, black, stray cat that's been frequenting my neighbourhood. part of me is relieved that my neighbourhood is now one stray cat less and the other part is horrified, appalled, disgusted, shocked, flabbergasted, nd everything else that makes me seem sorry for this event. because i am. truly i am. i mean, who wouldn't want to see and hear cats mating right outside their house right? since they sound oh so wonderful and melodious.

i was up in my room taking a drink of water from my tumbler when i suddenly i heard sounds similar to a cat fight only instead of 2 cats, i heard the hissing and spatting of one cat and the growls and snaps of dogs. my dogs had just been let out of their cages for their daily romp around the garden and the cat had chosen this unfortunate time to come strolling around my garden. no doubt trying to see if it could catch one of my fishes to eat.

but i digress.

so, i hear hissing and growling and i put 2 and 2 together.

'the dogs are fighting a cat!' i screamed as i flew down my stairs, my hair flying in a wide arc behind me.

instantly i was outside and horror of horrors, i saw all 3 of my dogs bearing down on the cat. it was on the ground, unable to stand up and i realised my dogs had broken the cat's hind legs.

'oh shit! oh shit! oh shit!'

der lyn and i started calling our dogs and trying to pull them away. but to no avail. partially due to fear that our dogs might in turn accidentally bite us. so, we each grabbed umbrellas and tried to shoo our dogs away from the cat. also to no avail. soon, the were biting the cat and both of us ended up running back into the house, too horrified to watch the scene. the last thing i saw was my rottie dragging the cat back to it's cage and just dropped it there.

my 2 german shepherds were out and we immediately chained them up and started calling for my rottie. and finally we tied her up too. then came the dilemma.

what do we do with the cat?

our maid was also too chicken to do anything and just stood in the kitchen clutching her broom. eventually, we got her to put the dead cat into a black plastic bag and we would then decide how to dispose of it.

so, we had chained up our 3 dogs in our front compound and were punishing them. well, der lyn was suddenly all macho and garang and started hitting them with a slipper. while i, filled with compassion and pity for my dogs tried to stop her when she got too garang. it got to the point where she would just stand in front of the dogs and they would cower. oooo....suddenly she quite the gaya. but still cruel. anyway....

by then, the dead cat was already in the plastic bag and dunno why, but i had to dispose of it. it was utterly disgusting. i was too grossed out to carry it, i took an umbrella and hooked it up and dragged it on the floor to the dumpster down our street. no words can describe the utter disgust and grossness of the situation. at every step, i could feel the cat's weight dragging on the floor. it was so bad, i just ended up chucking the bag in a pile of rubbish in front of my neighbour's house.

yuck....

No comments: