Wednesday, October 31, 2007

i open the door and expected to see your face around the corner. but not just yet. i laugh to myself, thinking you were playing a trick and went looking for you. i call out your name, but to no reply. my smile broadens. you know how i love it when you play games with me. i call again. and still silence echoed. i step into the bedroom, to see no shadows. no lights. my hand reaches for the switch only to stop. i hear a sound. my steps still and my head turns. i listen again and the sound doesn't disappoint.

i pad quietly with my stockinged feet, along the corridor leading to the backyard. again, the lights are off. the windows filter in the moonlight and i pause to gaze at the luminous orb hanging aloft as if by magic. the sound becomes louder. i shake myself from my reverie and continue on with the game you seem to be playing.

i call out yet again. and this time, i hear faint laughter. i remove my jacket and let it drop to the floor. i unbutton my top two buttons and untuck my shirt from my skirt's waistband. i reach the door leading out to the backyard and my hand rests on the doorknob. i knew something beautiful was about to happen.

i turn the doorknob and open the door. i don't see anything at first. the moon having disappeared behind some passing clouds. my eyes adjust to the dimness of the night and i look around. i look for you. and there you are.

you hold out your hand and i slowly walk to you. our fingers touch and finally our palms meet. your smile greets my eyes and i feel my own spreading across my face. i search your face, i search your eyes. it is there. there can be no doubt. it is there.

i slip into your arms and your warmth envelopes me. they say home is where the heart is, and for me, my heart is with you.

...

i wanted to write something to see what type of person i am. i didn't think out what to write. i just sort of let my fingers flow. there was a point where it could have either been really heartwrenching or it could be really romantic and lovey-dovey. and i guess my fingers/heart went with lovey-dovey.

i'm such a sap.

No comments: