Wednesday, May 02, 2007

this little cutie was sitting next to me on the bus this morning. i had previously seen him and his mom once on another bus. he obviously remembered me since he gave me a huge smile and jumped onto the seat next to me when i sat down. he was so adorable. he was smiling and holding my hand, he showed particular interest in my fingers. nice to get some male attention finally. so he was making cute faces and lighting up whenever i acknowledged his actions. makes me smile just thinking about it. he ended up rummaging through my bag and brought out my mp3 player. i casually placed one earphone into his left ear and one into my right. from then, all through the busride, he sat silent as a lamb. completely mesmerized by the music playing into his head. i looked into his marvellously greenish-grey eyes and saw the intensity there as he sat listening vividly to the music. and i thought to myself. i might have just created a future musician. and it made my day to know i've made a difference in his young life. as i got off the bus, he gave a little peck on the cheek and waved goodbye ever so wonderfully.


he smiles with brightly lit eyes
the little creases crinkling in laughter
he gazes up and wanders at her face
so different, yet so much the same


he takes her hand and holds it up
against the light, it seemed to glow
her fingers spun out of invisible gold
so magically crafted, so wisely ornamented

a hand that fit so rightly in his
a perfect match in every way
life should be like this
simply fitting, simply living

No comments: