Saturday, May 12, 2007





this is quite fun. and i'm quite sure that my sisters will be trying this out with numerous photos to see which celebrity they resemble the most. i did one with me not smiling and one with me smiling...looks like the one i resemble most is miriam yeung. hmmm....oooo, this is doing so much for my ego right now. hahaha....

posts have been getting shorter and shorter lately, with more and more pictures. dunno why. have i lost the ability to write a decent, mind stimulating post which will entice the reader and make them hunger for more, thus making them come back over and over again to read the scintillating tales of my everyday life? right...

never gonna happen.

exams are looming ever closer on the horizon. i'm getting a rush of mixed feelings. one minute i can be thinking that the exams are only 2 days and each day less than 2 hours. calculate and it isn't all that bad. plus, i have melbourne to look forward to next saturday. and then suddenly, the next minute, i'm flushed with panic, wondering if i've studied enough and if i've covered all the right topics, wondering what if i get tongue-tied and won't be able to present my long case properly. all these conflicting emotions. it's driving me crazy. this rollercoaster ride happens everyday and i sincerely want to get off now.

my mind seems to always be playing these games with me. it never shuts up. even when i'm trying to sleep. it plagues me. i lie awake at night wondering what if, what if, what if. doesn't do well for the eyebags, let me tell you.

and oh, i've succumbed to the conspiracy that is skinny jeans.

yes, you heard me right.

i have bought a pair of black skinny jeans. because any other colour would make me look fatter than i already am. which isn't very flattering.

it's so funny, how i just decided to get them.

*scenario in changing room*

(coming out in a pair of straight leg black jeans, which somehow look like skinny jeans, i'm trying on a size 10)

me: su-ann, what do you think?
su-ann: not bad. is it very tight?
me: no. it fits well across the hips and thighs but the waist quite loose.
su-ann: maybe you should try a smaller size?
me: ok, can you get me a size 9?

(su-ann does and comes back with a size 9 and i try it on)

me: oh, this fits better. but the waist still loose.
su-ann: it's ok ah..but ya, the waist is still loose. it's not supposed to be loose.

(i turn to the attendant, who's a guy)

me: what do you think?
guy: well, is it really tight? cos, they're supposed to be tight.
me: no. it's loose at the waist.
guy: well, to me, these kinda jeans will stretch and i seriously think you should get a smaller size. cos, when you wear them for a while, they tend to stretch. especially on the butt and the thigh area. so, it should be really tight so it'll still look good even when it does stretch.

me: ok...su-ann can get me size 8? pleeeeease?

(su-ann gives me a look, which i totally understand and goes to get me a size 8)

su-ann: they don't have anymore size 8.
me: oh...like that then i'll stick to this lorh..a bit loose is ok right? i mean, what if i put on weight? then it'll just even out.
guy: really? i think you should try another pair. like skinnies? you've got long legs, it'll suit you really well. and girl...those jeans should make you NOT want to put on weight.
me: oh..i don't like skinny jeans. i don't look good in them.
guy: oh! but they're not much different from the pair that you've got on now! look..
(bends over and tightens the jeans around my ankles) they'll just be slightly tighter over here. if you want i can get you a pair.
me: oh...urh...ok i guess.

(he whizzes over to the rack behind him and pulls out, with flourish i must add, a size 8, black, skinny jeans, thrusts them into my hands and shoos me back in the fitting room to try it on)

me: how does it look?
guy: ohhhh...that looks really good!
su-ann: it's ok ah..
me: hmm
...not too bad hor...ok la..i'll get it.
guy: good for you!!

so, i bought the jeans for 29AUD and i must say, i think my butt has flattened. seriously. i put on the jeans and whoosh...no more butt. and i'm SURE you guys can LIKE, figure out how the guy LIKE, TOTALLY sounded when he was talking to me.

No comments: