Thursday, January 28, 2010

it's not the pale moon, that excites me
that thrills, and delights me
oh no, it's just the nearness of you

it isn't your sweet conversation
that brings this sensation
oh no, it's just the nearness of you

when you're in my arms
and i feel you, so close to me
all my wildest dreams, came true

i need no soft lights
to enchant me
if you, would only grant me
the right to hold you ever so tight
and to feel in the night
the nearness of you

a wedding lasts a day, a marriage lasts a lifetime.
romance, i'm sure, will fade.
but love, love should remain true and everlasting.

as more and more friends make the decision that cements their future together, i cannot help but wonder, is it too late for me? i'm 26 this year and no where near settling down. even though i long for a form of stability to come home to every night and for someone to hold me when i'm going through my labile moments. i just can't seem to picture myself there yet. call me insecure, but i don't know if i'll be able to find someone who's right for me.

i find myself too fickle minded more often than i care to admit. always wondering 'what if' and never fully committing myself. is it because i feel that i've lacked so much earlier on in life that i WANT so much more now? that i should experience everything that i can and not just say 'ok' when it's ok? i don't just want ok. i want excellent and brilliant and a definite resounding YES.

too much to ask for? maybe. unachievable? definitely not. i'm not gonna settle anymore. i'm gonna chase after what i want now. i don't want to listen to people who think they know what's good for me. i want to listen to myself from now on.

No comments: